One of the most anticipated features of Apple’s latest mobile operating system update was the ability to print wirelessly. The only problem, your iPhone or iPad will only print to printers that are “AirPrint Compatible”. The new “AirPrint Hacktivator” offers a solution for devices with iOS 4.2 to print to any printer shared on your network. Here’s how to set this up:
You will need:
1. Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.5
2. iTunes 10.1 (if you don’t have either of these, select the Apple icon in the upper-left corner of your screen and click “software updates” to download the latest software)
3. iOS 4.2.1 on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (choose “click for updates” in iTunes if you don’t have the latest iOS)
4. AirPrint Hactivator [.zip]
Here’s how to set this up:
1. Copy the AirPrint Hactivator software into your applications folder and launch the app.
2. Toggle the switch to ‘ON”
3. Enter your admin password
4. A window will prompt you to add the printer you want to use with AirPrint.
5. The app will launch the Print & Fax utility into your Settings folder – add-printer from there.
That’s all there is to it – you should be ready to print!
For more information about mobile solutions for your business, contact Megan Meisner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 813 920 0788 x210.