As a famous movie villain once said: “Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?” While the Merovingian from the Matrix films may be an ethically dubious source for wisdom, it is true that time is the one resource that you can’t have more of.
Whether you’re rich or poor, you only have so many days on this earth. Therefore you need to manage that time to get to all the important stuff. Time management is a tough skill to learn, but these 10 time management tools all have their own contribution to make when it comes to doling out your precious time to the demands of modern life.
Trello is one of our absolute favorite time and project management tools. It’s what we use! You can easily break any project into phases, with columns and cards representing specific tasks. Alternatively, use the column and card system any way you want.
- Create columns and cards to suit your project and team.
- Pack all related info for a card directly into it.
- Assign due dates and specific team members responsible for each card on the board.
Pricing: Free with various paid options starting at $12.50 per user, per month.
2. Rescue Time
An automatic time management tool that gives you insight into how you’re using your time and where you can win some of it back. Ideal for those who never seem to have enough time to get it all done, but don’t know where the time went.
- Automatic time-tracking, with no need for manual data entry.
- Automatic prompts to add offline time.
- Highly-detailed reporting and insights.
Pricing: 14-day trial with prices starting at $6.50 per user, per month.
An amazing to-do list application that seems to have thought of everything. It can help you make sure you have enough time to get to everything, in the right order, without the anxiety.
- Fast task-adding system, with recurring date options.
- Easy delegation of tasks to other users.
- Useful template library for various project types.
Pricing: Free, with premium options starting at $4 per month, per user.
4. Toggl Track
Toggle Track is one of the three Toggle tools that specializes in time tracking. With a particularly attractive and intuitive design.
- Fast one-click timers.
- Auto-tracking of apps and websites in the background.
- Auto-tracking of time even if you forget to activate a timer.
Pricing: Free with plans starting at $10 per user, per month.
TickTick is a todo list and task manager application that’s available across a staggering number of devices, platforms and operating systems. Including the Apple Watch.
- Supports voice input for tasks.
- Location-based reminders.
- Multi-priority task system.
Pricing: Free to start, with $27.99 per user annually.
Tyme is exclusive to iOS, watchOS and macOS. Offering slick and intuitive time-tracking that’s perfect for anyone totally hooked into the Apple ecosystem. Those who work across platforms should look elsewhere.
- Peerless integration with Apple software such as Calendar and Siri.
- Tyme reminders straight to your notification center.
- Clock in and out based on location.
Pricing: $3.99 per month, per user.
Accurate, AI-powered time-tracking that virtually eliminates manual entry for your time usage during the day. Great if you don’t even have the time to track the time that you do have.
- All your time spent in various work apps are automatically drafted into a daily timeline.
- Real time team dashboards.
- Location tracking support for location-based time tracking.
Pricing: Starts at $96 per year, per user.
Pocket is a time management tool that lets you avoid the distraction of interesting content, by letting you easily save it all for later when your work is done. Also great for organizing planned reading for work or study.
- Save content from anywhere and virtually any type.
- Offline reading support.
- Save on your desktop browser, and view your pocket from any device.
Pricing: Free with ads, $4.99 per month for premium.
9. Remember The Milk
Remember The Milk is a smart and simple to use task manager designed specifically to keep busy people on track and avoid forgetting that one crucial task. A great choice for anyone with a high density of tasks who tends to let some slip through.
- Smart Add allows detailed task creation in a single line of text.
- Reminders can be sent to multiple services such as Gmail or Skype.
- Supports subtasks and file attachments to tasks.
Harvest is a time management and expense tracking app with a focus on team management and insight via an intuitive dashboard.
- Time tracking via timers or manual entry.
- Integration with apps like Chrome and Trello.
- Direct creation of invoices based on billable hours.
Pricing: Free trial available. $12 per user, per month.
This was originally posted by onlinetechtips.