There’s nothing I love more than learning a new trick that helps me work more efficiently. Here are some of my favorites:
1) When you on are on a website, don’t scroll down the page by moving your mouse to the scroll bar. Just hit the space bar. The Space bar allows you to scroll down the page and the Shift key will scroll back up again. This works in every browser.
2) If the text on a website is too small, hold down the Control key and click the Plus key to zoom in. The page will get larger with every tap of the Plus. Click the Minus key to make it smaller again.
3) When typing on your smartphone there’s no need to switch to the punctuation layout to add a period at the end of a sentence. Hit the Space bar twice and your phone will make a period with a space behind it and will automatically capitalize the first letter of the next word.
4) Looking for the definition of a word? Open your Chrome browser and in the Google Search type “define” and then the word you need defined. You don’t even need to hit enter. The definition appears just below the search bar.
5) Looking for information about your flight? Type in the name of your airline and flight number in the Google search field. You will see the location of your flight, the Gate and Terminal and when it will land.
6) Searching for something but don’t know how to describe it? Try using Google’s reverse image search at images.google.com. Click the camera icon, upload an image and you will get results of images that are similar.