Registering or transferring your web hosting domain is a relatively simple process if you follow the right steps. The Launch Pad provides full service domain name registration for only $9.95 per year as well as award-winning Web Hosting and Web Development services. Here is a best-practice guide to help you safely register your web domain.
- When registering a new domain you will first have to decide on a domain name. Domain names are the first step in implementing your Internet marketing business plan. It is recommended that your domain name be short, catchy, brandable and most important – easy to remember! You will need to check the “WHOIS” database to make sure the name you decide on is available. The “WHOIS” database is a centralized location for all registered domain names.
- For new domain registrations, The Launch Pad has an easy step-by-step process to guide you through the registration process. You can click here to check domain name availability and register up to 10 domains at a time.
- You may also decide to protect your privacy with a Private Domain registration. When you register your domain, your address, email and phone number are public information. Private domain registration allows you to use alternate contact information rather than your own personal information for the “WHOIS” database.
- If you are transferring your domain from another registrar, The Launch Pad is happy to manage the entire process for you. We will require login access to your current host and will work with you to transfer and test your DNS settings. If you are transfer includes hosting as well as domain transfer, we will also be happy to manage the entire process for you to include migrating web site files and email accounts. We will take you through the process of migration all the way through to testing web sites and email accounts after the migration is complete. You will be responsible for canceling any hosting accounts with your previous host.
- Beware of registrars and hosting companies that charge low fees and little support. Many times these companies outsource their support and it is very difficult to reach them by phone or email. Remember, you get what you pay for! The Launch Pad manages technology 24 x 7 x 365. We have been providing small business web hosting services, web design and development for more than a 15 years.
~ Jane Wilson
Web Services Manager